Sunday, March 27, 2011

S is for Spring...S is for Skirts!

This is a sampling of some skirts that I have been working on lately. I just love the Layer Cake skirt and have made quite a few of them. They are so cute, easy to make, and easy to customize, whether it is for a 2 year-old, a 6 year-old, or even a teenager.














I made this Layer Cake skirt for my niece Claudia's 2nd birthday. She had a Minnie Mouse themed party and I thought this would be perfect for her.
















I decided to try something different, so I thought I would try a 2-layer skirt. I really like how this one turned out and have started on several more in different fabrics.
















Finally, how can you go wrong with using only one layer of fabric? I don't think you can. Even though this skirt does not have the gathering and layers that the other two do, the elastic in the waist works to give it a gather and a little pouf. Caroline wore this skirt a few days ago with just a plain white T-shirt and sandals and it was so cute on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment