Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Have you met Jo-Ann?

I went to our new fabric and craft store, Jo-Ann, yesterday for the first time. I was (and still am) a little skeptical of the idea of another store of this kind within such as small radius, especially in this economy. However, there was a quote in the newspaper a few months ago from the owner of a local sewing shop that in this economy, their business has actually increased. That makes sense if you think about it because many people are turning to making things instead of buying them (hello, have you looked in the specialty shops and catalogs???) I realized last year that I could make some things for much less than I could buy them.

I love Hobby Lobby and I shop at Hancock's occasionally. For a small store (as compared to the square footage of the other stores), this Jo-Ann store really packs in a punch. I saw lots of fabrics that I am interested in and lots of other things, too. It is nice to have lots of options in Tupelo.

No comments:

Post a Comment