Thursday, September 2, 2010

More dresses for Caroline

Here are my latest creations for Caroline. I've got some other projects in my head, but I am trying to decide what to do next and with which fabrics. I have lots of different patterns to work with so it is hard to decide. My pattern collection is growing because every time they go 99 cents at Hobby Lobby, I take advantage of it!

I made a jumper in a smaller size because the first one was too big, but at least she can wear it later on. This should be perfect for fall and winter with a turtleneck underneath.


I found a different pattern for a pillowcase dress and it turned out as I thought it would as I followed the pattern. (Sometimes I have my doubts when I start on a new pattern and I just tell myself to follow through with what it says and just wait and see...like when I made shorts for the first time and they turned out fine.) It's not bad, but as I thought, it is a little short and wide (bubbly) on her. However, the very top of this one is wider than the previous pattern and I think this gives it a much better scrunch with the ribbon tied. I think I will modify this pattern the next time I make it and go a few inches longer and narrower. She can probably wear this one a year or two down the road as a top (maybe even three, seriously). I think I'll make some pants out of the blue fabric to go with it as it gets shorter on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment